While Halloween will be different this year, that doesn't mean you can't treat yourself. I've found the middle ground between apples and candy corn...this insanely delicious fudge recipe uses all natural ingredients and no refined sugar. The adults will thank you and the kids will have no idea that it's healthier than real cookie dough. I've been making this for years and let me tell you, it seriously never disappoints.
Happy Halloween! Please share any of your healthy Halloween treats with me, I'd love to see them!
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked and Drained Chickpeas (Canned are fine)
- 1/4 Cup Natural Peanut Butter (Almond, Cashew or any Seed Butter works as well)
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Sea Salt
- 1/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Ground Flax or Chia seeds
- Place all ingredients, excluding the chocolate chips, into your food processor and blend until completely smooth
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Line an 8×8 (or smaller) pan with plastic wrap
- Spread mixture evenly on top
- Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 5 hours or overnight
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Tip – Keep fudge pieces in the freezer until ready to serve. It does melt into a cookie dough consistency so best eaten quickly!