Happy Hallows Eve Love Club!
Looking for a healthy candy alternative this Halloween? I don't want to toot my own horn or anything but I think I've perfected the healthy version of a peanut butter cup. Reese's look out, you don't stand a chance next to these.
As a Love Wellness PR Director by day and Institute of Integrative Nutrition student by night (+ dog mom 24/7) I've been learning so much about the power of food, our bodies and how the effect that certain ingredients have on our bodies that are quite frankly in so many things we eat. The obvious would be sugars but this also includes certain oils and of course the lingering preservatives, including TBHQ - which is included in the recipe for Reese's! Big N-O.
So treat yourself to some healthy pb cups this year, I promise these won't disappoint. 🎃
What you need:
- Muffin pan
- Paper baking cups
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup - 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- Optional: Flakey or coarse sea salt
- Prep muffin pan with paper baking cups
- Spoon about a tbsp of peanut butter into each cup
- Place pan in freezer for at least 30 minutes or until it sets
- In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa powder, coconut oil and honey (do this step close to when the peanut butter is about to set as the chocolate may harden quickly)
- Once the peanut butter sets, spoon 1-2 tbsp chocolate mixture into each cup
- Optional: Sprinkle a pinch sea salt on top of each cup
- Place pan in freezer for at least 30 minutes to overnight (I prefer overnight to ensure it's completely set)
- Enjoy this healthier version of a Reese's!
If you make them this weekend, share a pic! I'd love to see them 🖤