I shared this post last year and thought it was a perfect time to re-post it given summer is upon us and the sun is out to play. The Importance of Getting Enough Vitamin D - here's a little sneak peak of what you can expect before you dive into it!
What are the benefits of Vitamin D?
- Lowers the risk of breast and colon cancer
- Lowers the risk of multiple sclerosis
- Decreases risk of type 1 diabetes
- Decreases the risk of bone fractures
- Decreases memory and brain decline
- Improves muscle strength
- Decreases blood pressure
- Decreases risk of gestational diabetes, pre-eclampsia and small gestational age in pregnancy
- Decreases risk of depression
Dr. Jodie Horton