The Super Bowl is coming up this weekend- who is watching?! I wanted to share one of my favorite "set it and forget it" recipes that is perfect for your Super Bowl party. You can also make this in a large pot if you don't have a slow cooker. 

The BEST part about making chili is creating a toppings bar. If you're hosting a party, everyone will LOVE picking and choosing their own toppings and it will enhance the overall party experience. LMK what your favorite chili topping is in the comments!

Ingredients:

• 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 2 cans of white beans (I used capellini but any kind will do!)
  • 1 can diced green chiles, drained
  • 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 bunch green onions greek yogurt to finish

Toppings:

• Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
  • Cheese (I recommend either cheddar or monterey jack)
  • Jalapeño 
  • Fritos or any type of corn chip
  • Green onions
  • Cilantro
  • Avocados
  • Corn bread

Instructions:

1. In a small bowl combine all spices, salt, and pepper. Reserve half the bowl of seasoning for slow cooking and half for sautéing the turkey.
  2. In a large pan heat up 2 tablespoons of canola oil or other neutral oil. Season the turkey and onion with the spices and brown in the pan until the turkey is no longer pink and the onion is translucent.
  3.  In a slow cooker, combine the cooked turkey, onion, white beans, green chiles, chicken broth and remaining seasoning and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
  4. Once the chili has cooked, spoon into bowls and garnish with slices of green onion and a dollop of greek yogurt