HAPPY FRIDAY! I recently hosted a fall Girls Night In and this cocktail was a big hit! It's the perfect balance of sweet, smoky, tart and FALL. Also, makes you feel like a professional mixologist! I think the cinnamon sugar rim really takes it to the next level :) Give it a try and let me know how you like it! Recipe based off of Half Baked Harvest's recipe.
- cinnamon sugar, for the rim
- 2 ounces mezcal or silver tequila
- 1/2 ounce orange juice
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) apple cider
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup use more or less to your taste
- apple slices and cinnamon sticks, for serving
1. Rim your glass with cinnamon sugar. I did this by running a lime around the rim of the glass and dipping it into a mixture of cinnamon (equal parts cinnamon and sugar).
2. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the mezcal or tequila, orange juice, apple cider, lime juice, and maple syrup. Start shaking! Strain into your glass with a large ice cube. Garnish with apple slices, rosemary, and cinnamon sticks. If desired light the cinnamon on fire for a smoky effect.