Making sure you and your baby are getting nutrients is vital to your baby's development! As a urogynecologist who has just had her second baby, I'd love to share some of the most important nutrients to make sure you are getting:
- Folic acid: Helps prevent brain and spinal cord defects
- Iron: Increases blood counts in both you and baby
- Calcium: Helps baby’s bones, teeth, heart, muscles, and nerves develop and can also protect your bones during pregnancy
- Vitamin D: Helps with calcium absorption and helps boost the immune system
- DHA: Aids in baby’s eyes and brain development
- Iodine: Helps your baby’s nervous system develop
What questions do you all have about nutrients for pregnancy?