So I've started wearing makeup again on the regular. I'm fully vaccinated now, so masks are less necessary (I still wear one if there are too many people around for my liking and I'm not sure that will ever change!) I recently came across this hack that is supposed to help "summer" proof your makeup. I've tried it a few times now and it is holding up! My makeup is lasting all day and still looks mostly fresh by the time I take it off at night. I don't recommend it for those who are prone to their skin drying up or if you're planning on using super heavy products. But it hasn't made my choices feel any heavier on my skin nor has it dried out my skin. The trick is to put on a few products out of order from what you're used to. I will list the steps and put the products I use in parentheses.
- Moisturize & SPF (Mad Hippie Face Cream & Coppertone Pure & Simple for Faces)
- Primer (E.L.F. Putty Primer)
- Dusting of Transulescent Powder (E.L.F. HD Loose Powder)
- Setting Spray (E.L.F. Stay All Night Micro-fine Setting Spray)
- Wait a few minutes for this step to dry and the powder to really sink in
- Concealer (E.L.F. Hydrating Camo Concealer) I blend with a sponge
- CC Cream/Light Foundation (Undone Beauty's Unfoundation Glowtint) I blend with a sponge
- Add whatever other products you want to wear (blush, bronzer, highlighter, eyebrow pencil, eyeshadow, mascara, etc.) I haven't tried this with anything but powder blush/bronzer/highlighter so I'm not sure how cream products would work
- Setting Spray
So there it is! It works for me, but I could see where it might not work for someone who leans more dry or uses heavier foundation products. I really enjoy how my makeup stays on longer, even in the heat/humidity. If you try this and start to feel dry during the day, you could always use a facial mist to refresh and moisturize.
Excited to hear if anyone has tried this or a similar makeup hack! Let me know if you try this and if it works for you! :)