No matter what your personal health and fitness goals may be, eating bland food is probably not one of them. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing I love more than a good sauce to top some of my meals. However, the majority of condiments on the market are filled with ultra-inflammatory ingredients.
Repeat consumption of MSG, added sugar, food dye, lab-created chemicals and preservatives can wreak havoc on your brain, joints and intestines over time.
The answer? Use up or donate all of your old condiments and let’s start to support companies who create their products from real food ingredients.
Check out my vetted all-star list of condiments for yourself. You won’t be disappointed.
- Hot Sauce: Siete Foods
- Buffalo Sauce: Primal Kitchen
- Sriracha: Yellowbird
- BBQ Sauce: The New Primal
- Curry: Madra’s Curry
- Soy Sauce: Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos
- Ketchup: Primal Kitchen (if you are looking for unsweetened. Sir Kensingtons is excellent if you are looking for ketchup sweetened without corn syrup. Bonus points for trying Carrot Ketchup by The New Primal
- Mayo: Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado Oil
- Mustard: Primal Kitchen Spicy Brown Mustard
- Salad Dressings: Anything from Primal Kitchen or Tessemae brands. My all-time favorite is the Primal Kitchen Lemon Turmeric.
All of these products can be found at your average grocery store. However, if you happen to live in a smaller town with less options, consider price shopping for these items at online grocery stores such as Amazon or my favorite, Thrive Market.
Have you already tried some of these items? Am I missing your favorite “clean” condiment(s)? I’d love to hear your thoughts!