Piece all of the best mood boosting nutrients together for a meal that will leave you feeling full and happy. This delicious white bean salad recipe is loaded with zinc, B vitamins and Omega 3. Vitamin D bonus if you enjoy the salad outside in the sunshine!
- 2 cups dark mixed greens of your choice
- ¾ cup chopped veggies of your choice (try mushrooms, broccoli, cucumber or tomato)
- ⅓ cup rinsed and drained white beans
- ½ avocado, cubed
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch or two of pepper
Leftover grilled salmon? Pair with the white bean salad for an extra dose of Omega 3
Looking to bulk up this salad with extra energizing calories? Try adding a tablespoon of pumpkin or sunflower seeds. ½ cup cooked brown rice or quinoa is also an excellent addition.
- Combine greens, veggies, beans and avocado in a medium bowl. Drizzle with vinegar and oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine. Transfer to a large plate and pair with protein and toppings of choice.