This month, in honor of National Women's Month, we're featuring incredible women from our community who are making a positive impact in their work and daily lives. Follow along on The Love Club with topic Women's Month. 

Lindsey Gilbert is a 27 years old (soon to be 28) model, student, and community volunteer originally from Toledo, Ohio. She graduated in 2020 with a degree in Liberal Arts and has been modeling for the past 7 years. She loves being able to travel the world and meet incredible people. 

What drew you to becoming a model?  

What drew me to being a model was really my grandma. She passed away a few years ago but she really gave me inspiration to step out of my comfort zone and it really did help get me out of my shell and build up self confidence.

What do you love the most about what you do?

What I love most about modeling is being on set and seeing some of the amazing people behind the camera, from the photographer, producer, hair and make up, wardrobe, everything.

What is something you’ve learned from your career in modeling?

Something that I’ve learned from this career is to not take everything personal if things don’t go your way, like losing out on a job. It’s so easy to beat yourself up when this happens,  but like the saying goes when one door closes another one opens.

What’s one piece of advice you live by?

The one piece of advice I live by is treat everyone with kindness! You never know what people are going through.

What’s a book or podcast that everyone should read or listen to?

A book that everyone should read is definitely one of my favorites, The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. It’s very long! But extremely worth it.

What is one self-care practice that is a non-negotiable for you?

A self care practice that’s definitely a non negotiable is always taking my makeup off and doing my skin care. No matter how tired I am when I get back home, I always make it to the bathroom to do my routine.

What do you love about yourself the most?

What I love about myself is definitely my sense of optimism. No matter what’s going on in my life, I always try to look at the bright side of things and list things that I am thankful for.

Who are some inspirational women in your life and why?

My mom is  an inspirational woman in my life. Growing up I saw how hard she worked for our family and I’ll never be thankful enough for that and her everlasting ambition.

How important is it for women to lift each other up and what does that mean to you?

Lifting women up is extremely important. Women are beautiful, caring, loving, the list goes on. Having a community in your life of women you love and trust is definitely essential to every woman.