Quality pre-workout fuel can make or break your exercise and energy. This sounds like common sense, yet the majority of the easily digestible protein bars and energy chews on the market are laced with artificial sweeteners, food dye, and poor quality oil and fillers.
The solution? Make your own!!
These delicious banana bread bites can serve as quick, but premium pre-workout fuel.
Not into exercise? These also work well for an afternoon snack and even a unique dessert for your next cookout!
- 1/4 cup mashed, overripe banana
- 1/2 cup collagen peptides
- 1/4 cup almond butter or maple sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional add ins and toppings: Handful of chocolate chips, raw cacao powder, shredded coconut flakes, hemp seeds, instant oats.
- Mix all ingredients together in a food processor.
- Once ingredients are blended evenly and a dough-like texture has formed, then scoop with spoon and roll into balls. Options: fold chocolate chips into dough or roll dough balls in raw cacao powder, shredded coconut flakes, hemp seeds, or even instant oats.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Enjoy 1-3 bites pre-workout.
How easy is that?! Give your own banana bread bites a try and let me know what you think! Don't forget to snap a picture and @-mention me 😃