This topic is really a book in itself but is a fun area to consider when one is single and looking to connect with a future partner. What should you look for in a partner astrologically I hear you ask? There are lots of areas of astrology that show a good connection or match but often there can be as many potential warnings as there are good signs. I will give some ideas below, but these are not hard and fast rules just suggestions and potential paths of connection. One of my favorite ways to look at compatibility is via elemental energetics, let me explain further. 

Elements 

The yang elements are fire and air. They are compatible with each other as well as themselves. Thus, fire with fire, fire with air and air with air. The same goes for the yin elements being compatible with each other. Earth is compatible with earth as well as with water. Water is also compatible with itself. This is not to say you can’t date someone of an opposing element as opposites do attract, you just need to realize you may speak slightly different love languages, support and communicate from different angles and as you progress in a relationship what once was an exciting difference can turn into a frustration point. 

The way I like to explain it to clients is this. Fire rules spirit and action, air rules thinking and communication, earth rules the physical/concrete and water rules the emotions. Thus when a certain person is one element and another person is the opposite element ( Fire to water, earth to air) they will often approach a situation or complication with a differ attitude and angle in how to deal with it and this can cause friction between apposing ideas and action plans. The same is true for fire to earth and air to water. So, in summary, Yin with yin elements flow more easily together as do the yang with yang. 

You are also so much more than your Sun sign element; don’t forget you have your Moon and your rising sign, and these can make up for opposing elements between Sun signs. Moon compatibility is potentially as important in a relationship as the Sun sign. One also looks at the inner planets such as Venus and Mars which are considered vitally important in relationship analysis of charts. I hope this has given you some insight into astro match making, as I said before it really is a whole book to explain it properly. Also, sometimes we need to date our opposites or people that are completely different from our astrological makeup as these are the people, we can learn the most from. 

Fire signs – Aries, Leo, Sagittarius

Air signs – Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius

Earth signs – Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn

Water signs – Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces

xo,

Kira