Colder weather + less sunshine + global pandemic = recipe for disaster when it comes to your mood.
Looking for a little boost? Check out this Dark Chocolate Cherry Pistachio Energy Bark.
For many women, dark chocolate releases a cascade of euphoric feeling compounds such as n-acylethanolamine, theobromine and caffeine. N-acylethanolamine is a chemical compound that is structurally similar to cannabinoids. Therefore, it's no surprise we gravitate towards a few servings when we are feeling down.
- 1 lb dark chocolate, 70% cacao or above, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup crushed pistachios
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts (or pumpkin seeds, cashews, whatever you enjoy!)
- ½ cup dried cherries
- Option to sprinkle a little sea salt
Bonus: Some of my clients like to mix one tsp of powder for an extra kick of flavor such as cinnamon or espresso while the chocolate is melting.
- Line the bottom and sides of a baking pan with parchment paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Option to stir in powder and then half the cherries and nuts. Spread into prepared pan; top with remaining cherries and nuts. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes or until firm.
- Break into pieces according to your liking.
- Store in an airtight container or keep in freezer.