Did you know that April is Stress Awareness Month? Rituals help to ground us and give more meaning to our lives AND can even help with stress reduction in your daily life. Make rituals out of everyday activities by doing them with intention. Try out my stress-reducing ritual for daily life below!

MORNING:
Breakfast: Take time to enjoy your meal and eat mindfully. By not rushing through a meal you will feel more grounded. Try some of my favorite breakfasts for mindful eating: 

• Protein Smoothie
  • Eggs and Sprouted Grain Toast
  • Yogurt and Muesli
  • Oatmeal, Quinoa Cereal

Shower: Cleanse any energies that do not serve you and set an intention for the day

Mindful Commuting:

• Meditate on the Train with a Meditation App
  • Do a Gratitude Session
  • Walk without looking at your phone.  Enjoy the sites.  Be in the moment.

AFTERNOON: 

Lunch: Eat with friends or alone, but don’t check phone or computer. Be present with your meal to reduce stress. Try some of my favorite lunches for mindful eating: 

• Salad and Protein
  • Wraps and Tacos
  • Stir fry veggies and Protein

Breather Break: Take a 20-minute walk (no texting and walking!) and try out this breathing exercise: 

• Breath in through the nose
  • Breathe out through the mouth
  • 10 cycles to reset your mind and emotions

EVENING:

Do something rejuvenating for yourself. Take time to do something just for you to help unwind and be more present with your evening. 

• Walk
  • Exercise or Yoga
  • Have a treatment or healthy adventure
  • Watch a movie
  • Have dinner with friends

Shower or Bath to clear energies of the day. Focus on releasing the days challenges and stressors. 

BED TIME:

• Shut off the technology 30 minutes before sleeping
  • Essential oil to calm the mind
  • Meditate or focus on gratitude to end the day in peace