Benefits of sunlight? After hearing all the recent bad press about sunshine, you may be wondering how the sun could possibly be good for your health and well-being.
Report after report has warned us that even a small amount of exposure to the sun is bad for us.
It is good to be cautious when it comes to how much sun you are exposed to. After all, too much sunlight can put you at higher risk for skin cancer and cataracts and it can make your skin wrinkle and age way too early in life.
But does being cautious mean that you should avoid the sun altogether?
No! Sunlight happens to be one of the greatest healing remedies that you can find in nature. The sun provides the energy that all living things need in order to exist on this earth.
When you take it in moderation, and with daily sunscreen on, there are lots of health benefits of sunshine. If you hide away from the sun, you will not get those benefits.
So, what are the benefits of sunlight? Check out this list!
- A definite plus of sunshine is that it gives you a healthy looking complexion. It will make your skin smooth with an irresistible healthy glow. If you allow your skin to get moderately tanned, it will be more resistant to infections and sunburns than if your skin is not tanned.
- The ultraviolet rays in sunshine act as a natural antiseptic. These rays can kill viruses, bacteria, molds, yeasts, fungi, and mites in air, water, and on different surfaces including your skin.
- Getting some sun tends to help clear up different skin diseases such as acne, boils, athletes foot, diaper rash, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Another of the main benefits of sunlight is that it stimulates your appetite and improves your digestion, elimination, and metabolism.
- Getting your daily dose of sunshine will enhance your immune system. It increases the number of white blood cells in your blood. It also helps them to be better fighters in their mission to destroy germs.
- Sunshine encourages healthy circulation. It also stimulates the production of more red blood cells, which increases the amount of oxygen in your blood.
- Sunlight is one of the most effective healing agents that exist.
- Feeling down? One of the major benefits of sunlight is that it will soothe your nerves and boost your mood leaving you with a renewed sense of well-being. Sunlight increases the production of endorphins and serotonin in your brain, which will definitely leave you feeling much better.
- Getting enough sunlight during the day can help you sleep better at night. If you are exposed to natural light during the day, it will increase your melatonin output at night. Melatonin is a natural hormone made by our bodies. It enhances sleep and slows down the aging process.
- The healing properties of the sun are excellent for people who are suffering from various diseases and ailments.
- Sunlight helps to balance out your hormones. It may even help to relieve certain symptoms of PMS.
- Sunlight improves the function of your liver and helps it to break down toxins and wastes that could lead to cancer and other diseases.
- If you’ve got swollen, arthritic joints, sunlight may help lower your pain levels.
- Sunlight is an effective treatment for jaundice.
- According to some studies on the benefits of sunlight, exposure to the sun may decrease your risk of breast, colon, and prostate cancers.
- Sunlight helps your body convert a form of cholesterol that is present in your skin into vitamin D. This results in lower blood cholesterol levels
- Other benefits of sunlight include the life-giving energy it gives to your organs and the way it helps to strengthen and vitalize your body.