Once you have detoxed the body and you have an organic garden for your fertility it is time to start the rebuilding of nutrients and balancing of hormones.

Here are some of the things necessary for rebuilding;

1. Whole foods and an organic diet high in protein, healthy fats, vegetables, fruits and whole grains
  2. A food based prenatal is the most essential part of rebuilding. You must now fertilize the soil with all the essential vitamins and minerals that are necessary for fertility and a healthy pregnancy.     
  3. Omega 3 fatty acids from either fish or flax oil
  4. Specific nutrients based on blood work that are needed such as Iron, Vitamin D, etc.
  5. Herbs and bio-identical hormones for hormone balancing

Rebalancing involves Balancing the Hormones that are tested to be deficient. 

Estrogen is necessary for building the uterine lining that the baby will be growing in.  It also helps to prime the egg and prepare it for ovulation. 

Progesterone is the hormone that implants the fertilized egg into the wall of the uterus. Low progesterone is a common cause for Infertility and miscarriage in women over the age of 35. 

Testosterone helps the sex drive, so that is helpful if you want to have a baby, however if the testosterone is too high there may be underlying PCOS that is stopping ovulation. FSH and LH are indicators of the ovarian reserve and function.

The thyroid hormone is like the gas tank and it regulates energy and metabolism.  It is very important for fertility and pregnancy.

The adrenal hormones should be balanced and not too high or too low. If too high there may be “fight or flight” and this can interfere with fertility. If there is adrenal fatigue this can also interfere with fertility and a healthy pregnancy.

There is no one size fits all when it comes to rebalancing. You must treat and balance what is wrong with you individually and it should be based on the testing. I use a combination of diet, supplements, herbs and bio-identical hormones for this phase depending on what the patient needs.

In my first post, A Naturopathic Approach to Fertility Enhancement, I spoke about the several vital states that I take with my patients (and their partners) to prepare for and enhance fertility naturally. 

In my second post, I touched upon the Detox Stage

In my third post, I discussed The Mayan Abdominal Massage. 

Stay tuned for article #5 where I'll dive deeper into this 5 Stage Approach and discuss the positive effects of Acupuncture.

With love, 

Dr. G