I don’t know about you, but anytime I can save money effortlessly, my happiness instantly increases and stress instantly declines! Check out my top 3 money saving hacks in the kitchen this month:

1. Bluapple Produce Freshness Saver BallsThese little guys are non toxic and they absorb ethylene gas from produce, making fresh produce last significantly longer. It is incredible how many fruits and veggies I have NOT had to throw out since I began keeping these in my produce drawers in the fridge. For example, a container of salad alone this week was still fresh 7 days past the Use By date!!! Overtime, this has saved our family a large chunk of cash.
  2. Skip the Dry Cycle on your Dishwasher. Convenient, yes, but if you find yourself running through dish cycles like wildfire, you may be surprised at the decrease in your electric bill. No time to hand dry? Run the cycle before you are getting ready to leave the house and pull out for a nice little air dry as you run errands. 
  3. Prolong the Power in Your Fridge. Reducing the amount of power your fridge has to use is a great way to save a little extra cash. When possible, try to be more conscious of storing hot food in your fridge as it takes extra power to maintain cool temps. Try not to store items all the way towards the back of your fridge- leaving a little space improves circulation. Lastly, be sure to keep an eye on fridge and freezer temps. The most cost effective temps are around 2-5C for your fridge and -18C for your freezer.

Let me know if you have any favorite tips in the comments!