Hey friends and happy summer!

One of my favorite things to do as a dietitian is to share wellness tips. However, as much as I love to teach, I’d also love to learn from all of you!

Here are my top 5 wellness tips for the summer:

1. Start your day off with 16 oz of lemon water. Have it by your bedside and don’t let your feet touch the ground until it’s gone. Not only is this a great way to ensure hydration from the start, but it promotes digestion, boosts your immune system and SO much more.
  2. Go out on a limb and try a new form of exercise, even if it seems like a crazy trend. Running, riding and swimming will always be around, but bungee fitness, aerial yoga, and pole dancing may not!
  3. Incorporate an adaptogen blend. Adaptogens are essentially plants used in herbal medicine for the stabilization of physiological processes and promotion of homeostasis. Examples include Ashwagandha, Lion’s Mane and Eleuthero. I cannot live without them or else I end up a stressed mess, double-fisting caffeine. Whether you chose to take them as a blend in supplement form or in via such as the Four Sigmatic Peanut Butter Superfood Protein blend. Adaptogens can be a game-changer for those looking for stress relief with an energy boost. 
  4. Don’t forget to declutter! Not just your mind with daily mediation but your home, particularly your bedroom and closet. If there are items of clothing you have not touched in more than two years, it’s time to donate or consider selling on a site such as Poshmark. Then of course, treat yourself with the profit!
  5. Floss daily! This is so not glamorous, but someone has to make its importance known. Daily flossing is one of the most powerful health tips because it reduces oral bacteria which thereby elevates the health of your entire body. If oral bacteria is low, your body has the ability to more readily fight hazardous bacteria in other parts of the body. 

What are your go-to wellness tips for the summer? Let’s swap!

With love, 

Kylene